Welcome to Planhat! 👋
Our customer success platform is where you will be managing your customer's lifecycle activities, revenue and growth going forward. This article will help you get started with some simple steps which will ensure you are set up for success from the get-go.
Step 1 - E-mail and Calendar sync
Step 2 - Set your Notifications
Step 3 - Portfolio management
Step 4 - Understand your Companies in the 360 view
Step 5 - Set up your email templates for easier outreach management
Step 1 - E-mail and Calendar Sync
Sync your e-mail and calendar for an easier workflow management, activity records, task creation and better transparency.
📌 Important to note: we will only sync your email and calendar events with customers, so do not worry about your personal correspondence showing up in Planhat. We can even remove specific domains from the sync for further privacy, just let us know!
How to sync your e-mail or Google calendar with Planhat:
- Go to your profile page by clicking on your avatar in the bottom left-hand corner
- Click on the EMAIL or CALENDAR tab in your top bar options
- Click "Enable email sync" or "Enable calendar sync" button
- Select all email folders relevant to your customers and click "Update Sync Settings" (make sure to have INBOX and SENT folders selected at minimum)
- Chose your specific calendar and click "SAVE"
📣 Pro tip: If you would like to sync certain Planhat tasks back to your Google calendar you can do so via "SAVING PLANHAT TASKS TO CALENDAR" action. More details here.
Step 2 - Set your Notifications
Being proactive in your CS work is very important and we believe that a customer success tool should help you easily gain insights and prioritize actions to take within your customer base.
Within our Actions tab we have two different types of notification sections for the CSM:
- Updates section for notifications and @mentions collaboration which require your attention but are not necessarily urgent.
- Activities list that organizes all your to-do’s, calendar events, playbook-actions, and tasks that you’ve triggered based on lifecycle changes, changes in usage etc.
🚀 Quick tip: Set your notification preferences in the Actions tab to ensure nothing slips through the cracks.
📣 Pro tip: Set your notifications to your private slack channel in just a few steps.
Read more about our Actions tab here.
Step 3 - Portfolio Management
Proactive, churn-busting portfolio work is a breeze inside Planhat and we have two distinctive areas where you can get all the portfolio insights you need:
- DATA module
- Our famous Bubble Room inside the Customer Intelligence tab
1. Let's start with the DATA module:
In this unified and fully-customizable view of your customer data we combine health, usage, license, product, conversation data so you can truly understand within minutes on what you should be focusing on. Here are some examples:
- identify ideal candidates for early renewals,
- find accounts where usage and health are dropping to prevent future churn,
- manage customer lifecycle phases,
- seek healthy accounts to grow your portfolio.
🚀 Quick tip: You can personalize your view in the DATA tab by clicking on Manage table and selecting fields which are relevant for the segment. Each segment can have different applicable field views.
2. Our Bubble Room is the best way to visually understand your entire portfolio. It is found inside your Customer Intelligence module.
As you can see from the image above, you can control the axis to visualize different scenarios and find those customers that need your attention.
For example, here we are looking at customers set against renewal timeline and when we last interacted with them. The size of the bubble is defined by the value of the customer while the color displays their health based on our criteria. Microsoft is in red because they are coming up for renewal in less than 3 months and we have not spoken to them in over 6 months. Maybe we should call them? 😉
🚀 Quick tip: Our Bubble Room is fully interactive: you can click on the customer's name to go to their Customer 360 view or you can highlight a quadrant to see all the companies in that section. The list of companies will display directly under the chart.
Step 4 - Understand your companies in Customer 360 view
Customer 360 view is a complete customer card where you can see current, historical and future insight into customer's license, recurring revenue, health, usage and all conversations and tasks (completed and scheduled).
Left hand panel view is customized for your needs with all pertinent information while the right hand side view changes based on what you need to do with that customer.
- OVERVIEW - default place to see usage, health and customer interactions in one place. This is also the place where you will plan activities and see future tasks and playbooks
- PEOPLE - your contacts page allowing you to get a summary of end-users on the account before you click into them for their own People 360 detailed view
- HEALTH - your health score over time and impacting factors are displayed here to allow you to understand what is exactly causing drop/increase in the score
- USAGE - detailed historical charts of product usage over time to provide you with information when a deeper dive is needed to understand customer's interaction with your own product
- REVENUE - all licenses for this customer in one place and over time [*Only customers who have purchased our Revenue module have this option]
- DATA - place for you to display relevant data you might need associated to the customer but do not want to expose it on the left hand panel to ensure a cleaner look and feel
- LOG - historical log of internal actions on the account (API and integration logs, system logs, user log etc)
Step 5 - Set up your email templates
Often times we send the same email over and over again and now that you have your email synced in Planhat, you can also save your email templates for a more efficient workflow.
When you open the email creator you can access those previously created templates by clicking on the template icon on the bottom menu. The same menu will allow you to save your current email as a template, as well. Just follow the steps in the video below.
🚀 Quick tips:
- If you are an Admin in Planhat, you can save public and private templates
- Easiest way to pull up email creator is by clicking Option+C (Mac) or alt+C (PC) and then this window will follow you across all tabs so you can toggle between tabs to find all the information needed for your email
📣 Pro tip: To personalize your email templates you can use merge tags.