Having your email synced with Planhat is the best way to make sure all records of written customer communication (unless you're sending letters via post) has a record that the CSM can go look back on if they have any questions or need clarity on an issue.
It also is the best way for a new CSM that is hired on to help take on existing accounts to familiarize themselves with the history of the account. The training time and resources are less, and the new CSM can feel more confident as they are starting to take over new accounts.
It is also fast and easy to set up!
Setting up your email
If it is your first time logging into Planhat, a popup will appear that prompts you to sync your email. It walks you through the steps so that you are synced and ready to go.
It will also prompt you to connect your LinkedIn (which brings in your profile picture).
Setting it up another way
If you chose to skip the email sync when the prompt first appeared, that's ok! There is another quick way to sync your emails with Planhat:
1. Navigate to your User Profile page in Planhat
2. Select the Email tab at the top
3. Click "Enable Email Sync"
4. After you have allowed Planhat to access your email account, you must select which inboxes you would like to sync.
Select the inboxes you would like Planhat to sync with, and then click on Update Sync Settings. This will start the sync process for your email accounts that you have specified.
And you should not be able to see your emails with the related customers in Planhat in the Activity module (history), on the customer profile view, and it will also update the "last touch" in Planhat.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
1) Planhat syncs emails from Gmail and Outlook.
2) When you first sync your emails into Planhat, we look 14 days back so if you sent an email before then it will not be synced into Planhat
3) It can take up to 10 minutes to sync your new emails with Planhat
4) If an email is in a folder that is not included in the ones synced it will not be synced
5) When emailing users that are not in Planhat already if we have enough information we can sometimes create a new user and map it to the appropriate company profile page, but if not then it will be in the "unassigned" emails in the Activities module of Planhat