Central to good Customer Success is task management and ensuring you work with your clients in a timely, structured and consistent manner.
To help with this we have updated Planhat's Tasks module and provided a range of additional views and functionality, to help organise, prioritise and manage your day.
As with the Conversations module, Tasks 2.0 enables you to search all tasks and create saved filters based on specific criteria so you can better organise and group your tasks.
Taking a small step back, tasks are comprised of 4 different things in Planhat:
- Tasks you schedule in Planhat, either from this page or from a customer profile.
- Tasks or Events scheduled in Gcal that integrate with Planhat
- Plays from active Playbooks
- Tasks automatically created by Planhat, based on a trigger you have defined.
(For existing customers, Tasks is replacing the current Activities tab and splitting it into two tabs, Conversations and Tasks. You can read about Conversations here.)
Meet Tasks 2.0
The new view presents 3 main areas:
- Filter selection list
- Task list
- Task details .
A toggle option at the top of the screen allows you to switch to a 2 pane mode, with an expanded task list and task details view.
You can also import tasks from external systems, export tasks for additional analysis or re-order tasks by date.
Out of the box we provide two groups of filters. The first group shows your own tasks broken down by Today, This Week, Overdue and Someday, and the second group the same options for All users.
The logic on the filters Today and This Week is self-explanatory. For the the others:
- Overdue - all tasks that remained incomplete by their due date.
- Someday - tasks that have no due date often because they were created as a general 'to-do' rather than a deadlined task, and dependent tasks from Playbooks. Dependent tasks in Playbooks only receive a due date when their parent task is marked as done. Their due date is the number of specified days after the parent task is completed.
- Unassigned - tasks that for some reason are not assigned to any owner. It could be the owner has left, or they unassigned themselves by accident.
Personal or Team Filters
Let's say you want to see overdue tasks of the entire team on a segment based on Enterprise customers. By mapping those conditions on a new filter, you can quickly access it at any point and also make this available to the entire team.
Click Add new filter and you will see the following menu:
- Add Rule - filter on tasks that match a specific criteria (e.g. all tasks belonging to a given segment of customers.
- Additional Rules - filter on specific text included in a task. You can use simple boolean logic to identify specific phrases or group search terms together. For example ("renewal call") OR ("renewal meeting") would identify conversations containing either term, while ("upsale") AND ("module") would only show conversations with both terms together.
- Time: Pick a time period in which the conversations must have occurred if you are looking to review conversations from a certain point in time.
- Label (icon) - filter by specific labels you have already added to your tasks.
Finally, you can make filters private or public, by using the check box at the very bottom of the menu.